Homemove is the lettings scheme for council and housing association homes in Adur, Arun, Brighton & Hove, Chichester, Eastbourne, Hastings, Lewes, Mid Sussex, Rother, Wealden and Worthing, giving you more choice about where you want to live.
You can use homemove if you are an existing tenant seeking a transfer within your council's area or a homeseeker applying for the first time. The scheme covers all the available council and housing association homes, including sheltered housing.
You need to log in with your homemove number before you can see the property adverts and place your bids. If you’re not registered, you need to fill in a housing application form. Please go to the registering page of this site to find out how to do this.
The demand for council and housing association rented homes in Sussex far exceeds the supply. We regret we are not able to help everybody who applies to us. Therefore we positively encourage you to consider other housing options, such as renting privately, low cost home ownership or mutual exchange. (See the tabs on the left for more about other housing options).
New improved mutual exchange service
From Monday 13th August our mutual exchange service was upgraded with improvements so you can:
- search more easily for the right person to swap with
- search in different areas of the country
- upload photos to your advert
Just log in the same way as usual and follow the instructions.
Tenants in Worthing can now register for mutual exchange through Homemove.
Brighton and Hove City Council's Mutual Exchange event
• A Council or housing association tenant?
• Thinking about moving into a bigger or smaller home?
• Interested in swapping with someone else?
Come along to our Swap Shop
5pm to 7pm
Wednesday 30 September 2015
Housing Centre, Eastergate Road (off Moulsecoomb Way), Moulsecoomb BN2 4QL
For more information, call 01273 293030 or visit www.facebook.com/tenantandleaseholder
To advertise your property at the event, you can:
• Print and return this card to any housing office (click on the link below)
• Bring the card to the event
• Email the information, and a photograph you would like displayed in your advert to:
• Post to: Nick Kitson, Performance & Improvement Team
Housing Centre, Eastergate Road, Brighton, BN2 4QL
New Tenancy Strategy in Brighton & Hove
Go to the Homemove News tab to find out more.