Registering for homemove

To be registered on the homemove scheme, you must first be on Adur's, Brighton & Hove's, Chichester's, Eastbourne's, Lewes', Mid Sussex's or Worthing's housing register, or transfer register if you are a current tenant of one of these councils or one of the partner housing associations. The homemove scheme covers both general needs and sheltered housing.

You may not be eligible to be on the housing register; your council can give you further advice on this. You can apply from anywhere in the country, but people with a connection to the local council area they are registering in are given priority.

There is a shortage of housing for social rent and the demand far exceeds the supply. There are thousands of households on waiting lists, meaning that there are likely to be a lot of people bidding for each available property and those in the most urgent housing need will get the highest priority.

Please go to the 'Homemove News' tab for news on changes to partner Allocation Policy

How do I apply?

To apply for housing or a transfer in your council's area, you need to fill in their housing application form, which is available from their website. The form covers applications for both general needs and sheltered housing. Please click the link below for your local authority website:


Adur District Council logo

Adur and Worthing Councils

Brighton & Hove City Council logo


Chichester District Council logo


Mid Sussex logo


Worthing Borough Council logo

Adur and Worthing Councils

A   A   A


Web Bidding on cycle 381 will begin at 4pm on Thursday 20 February 2020

Download latest freesheet